Safety Assessment and Engineering
Electricity is a familiar and necessary part of everyday life, but electricity can kill or severely injure people and cause damage to property. Research shows that over hundred people die each year because of electrical accidents on machines that are being repaired, set up, or have not been properly locked out, earthed or protective measures not operated in time.
Techlabs provides complete solutions in following areas which aid your engineers to enhance safety of electrical installations in your plants/industries: Techlabs engineering experts are there for your needs of safety assessment. Our engineers have thorough experience of assessment of your electrical network installations, various operating procedures as per National standards. With extensive knowledge of various standards like IEEE 1584, NFPA 70, IEEE 80, IEEE 81 etc, Techlabs engineers recommend and implement the safety solutions. There are simple precautions when working with, or near electricity that can be taken to significantly reduce the risk of electrical injury to you and others around you.
- ARC Flash Hazards Assessment
- Earthing/Grounding System Assessment & Design
ARC FLASH Hazards Assessments:
Electrical short circuits and faults are extremely dangerous and are potentially fatal to personnel. Arc flash occurs when phase conductors are shorted and ionization of the air occurs. Arc Flash Hazard Studies are performed to determine the risk to personnel, warn them of the hazards and to instruct them as to what kind of personal protective equipment must they wear.
Our Services include:
- Collection of technical data from site/plant/industry & prepare network model in PTW software from M/s SKM, USA
- Perform short circuit studies & equipment evaluations based on calculated short circuit currents and provide necessary recommendations
- Perform ARC Flash calculations at each bus/panel/switchboard in system & identify the hazards, assess existing protection coordination & recommend suitable PPEs
- Supply of required PPEs, Safety gears, warning labels & apply warning labels on various Electrical panels/switchboards
- Provide detailed training on ARC Flash Hazards program & safety
Earthing/Grounding System Assessment & Design:
Earthing system is vital part of any electrical installations. Accurately designed earthing system is very much necessary to ensure safety of working personnel, equipments and correct operation of protective devices during earth faults, lightning strikes, switching surges and occurrence of induced voltages, currents on equipments, conductors, cables or structure etc.
Even though objective of all earthing / grounding system is same, methodology for the design, engineering, installation, commissioning & maintenance of earthing system varies with requirement of electric system depending on its location, layouts, operations etc. Techlabs engineers with their decade years of experience are at your services for detailed design of earthing system.
Our Services include:
- Survey of site, measurement of soil resistivity data. Performing soil resistivity analysis & derivations of correct soil model for earthing system design
- Collection of various layout drawings for plant/switchyard layout i.e. equipment location etc.
- Detailed design of earthmats / earthing systems using FEA analysis tools which will comply with all safety criterions based on electrical standards, Risers calculations etc.
- Preparation of earthing layouts, installation drawings & specifications for earthing system
- Estimation of Bill of materials & costing for proposed earthing system
- Services for assessment of existing earthing system include study of design, provision of necessary recommendations, drawings & reports, supply & installation of necessary earthing material i.e. earth pits, earth strips etc.
Click Here for more information.