Power Transmission System Planning and Engineering
Power utilities planning or investing in the electric power system face new challenges due to the ever-changing nature of the industry and the increasing pressure on network reliability. Among these important related issues are:
- Maximizing the capacity of aging transmission infrastructure
- Managing increasing amounts of intermittent, renewable generation
- Deployment of Smart Grid technologies
By increasing the complexity of transmission investment decisions, these and other factors demand fundamental changes in the way transmission planning is done.
Techlabs is recognized as one of India’s leading consulting and technology solutions providers to the Power Sector, with expertise in the areas of transmission planning & operations. Utilizing state-of-the-art technology, Techlabs helps its clients maximize the reliability of their electric power facilities in the most economical manner. Tangible schemes for improved management of transmission networks and optimized strategies for future financial investments are prepared using world renowned & acclaimed tools like CYME from CYME International T&D, Canada or PTW from SKM System Analysis, Inc., USA. Multiple scenarios are evaluated along with the client while conducting:
- Investment feasibility and economic analysis
- Congestion analysis
- Renewable integration ( Power Evacuation Studies)
- System optimization studies ( Optimal Power Flows & AC Contingency Studies)
- High-level transmission planning strategy development
- Static power flow and dynamic system studies
- System black start studies and studies for Transient & Voltage stabilities
- Reliability and power quality studies
- Appraisal & mitigation of fault levels in a network through suitable modifications
In addition, Techlabs also provides solutions for GPS Survey, line profiling and detailed design of Transmission lines using world reputed software tools like PLS-CADD. Techlabs uses PLS-CADD for plan and profile with optimum spotting and automatic selection of towers. However, manual survey and spotting of tower with templates is carried out, if required by the client. Techlabs has capability of designing steel towers (Transmission or Telecom) using TOWER software.
Click Here for more information.